3rd quarter Journal-
1. Classwork: www.youtube.com; Tyler Dewitt: Balancing Chemical Equations Practice Problems (14:56min); Copy all of the examples shown in this 15 minute video.
2.Homework: Current event - any science article of your choice
3. Classwork: www.youtube.com; Tyler Dewitt: Types of Chemical Reactions (12:54min) and Tyler Dewitt: Classifying Types of Chemical Reactions (5:47min) : Record the 5 types and an example of each type of reaction.
4. Ted Talk: Al Gore - Optimism on Climate Change - 10 facts. www.ted.com/talks/al_gore_the_case_for_optimism_climate_change
5. An Inconvenient Truth Video: 20 facts - If you were absent, you can find many segments of the video on line for free and watch these to get your facts. Or, you can pay to watch the entire video online.
6. An Inconvenient Truth Video: 20 facts
7. Yellow Disease book: Page 103 Questions 2 to 6. Answer in complete sentences. If you were absent you can take pictures of page 100 to 103 so you can complete the assignment.
8. Staple the argumentative writing worksheet on vaccines into your journal. If you were absent, you will need to watch these video clips to complete the worksheet.
9. Ebola Video sheet - staple into your journal; If you were absent google the video "Ebola" by Nova. If you cant find it, research Ebola and record 15 facts.
10. Current event, Flu wont catch NC off guard. News and Observer, Jan 27, 2006. I will provide this.
4th Quarter Journal
1.March 13: Current Event: SuperNova Sun Combo - I will provide
2. March 14: What actually killed the dinosaurs? - I will Provide
3. March 15: Tiny Humans - I will Provide
4. March 16: Jane Goodall: Read this interview. Select 5 important quotes. Write them in your journal. Explain why each quote is important.
5. Optional Extra Credit: 10 facts from the Evolution video - the Day the Earth Nearly Died (= +10 pts).
6. Biology Concepts:Ecology Video: Answers to questions asked during Video
7. Current Event - Fracking - I will provide the article
8.Video notes: How wolves change a river. How whales affect climate (If you were absent,You can find these 2 videos on youtube. Write 4 or more sentences to explain each of these videos.
9. Write 3 Pro and 3 Con facts for each of the different types of energy shown in The powerpoint. If you were absent, use the PPT that I Gave you on Energy Resource use as a source of these facts.
10. Watch the nova video - Car of the future ( its on youtube). Write 10 facts.
11. Current Event: Your kids brain on Pot - I will provide the article
12. current Event: frogs face threats - I provide.